If you wish to engage with the IWW in the organization of your workplace, you can get in touch in one of two ways:
- If you’re in the Greater Chicago area, fill out our Greater Chicago IWW (GCIWW) web form.
- If you are outside of our geographic area, you can use the form at our General Headquarters (GHQ). GHQ will then forward your inquiry to the appropriate branch.
The Organizing Committee (OC) of Greater Chicago will proceed as follows upon receipt of your organizing request:
- An OC Co-Chair will assign a member to contact you for a Lead Follow Up.
- The Lead Follow Up gathers additional information about the workplace, and discusses the necessary first steps before becoming a qualified campaign.
- When the first steps are completed, an Organizing Mentor (OM) is assigned to the campaign.
- The OM will provide guidance on how best to address worker’s grievances through direct and indirect action.
- The OC holds weekly meetings and provides regular training sessions. The OC is open to all GCIWW members in good standing. Actual workplace names are kept confidential during discussions.